Hiroyuki Yokota, Chairperson
1. What is personal information?
Personal information refers to information with which a specific person is able to be identified such as address, personal name, telephone number, facsimile number, e-mail address and video information that are provided through the JAAM website, e-mail, postal delivery or facsimile, and to information containing a personal identification symbol.
2. Collection and use of personal information
When obtaining personal information, JAAM shall collect information within a scope that is appropriate for the provision of services, the creation of member lists, research and study as well as discharge of JAAM tasks, a set of activities performed pursuant to JAAM’s operational objectives. The personal information provided shall not be used by JAAM for any purpose other than the above-mentioned purposes.
3. Personal information security measures
JAAM, while ensuring that its personnel manage personal information properly, takes the utmost care to prevent personal information collected from being used improperly for an unintended purpose, falsified, lost or leaked to an external party. JAAM obligates any vendor or association to which the association discloses or provides personal information to manage the information appropriately under an agreement just as JAAM does.
4. Disclosure of personal information
JAAM shall neither disclose nor provide personal information collected from its members to a third party except for the following cases:
1) The personal information provider agrees and consents to the disclosure of the personal
2) Personal information is used for the purpose of administrative communication required
for the discharge of JAAM tasks;
3) Information distribution is performed in accordance with JAAM’s operational objectives;
4) Statistical personal information not enabling personal identification is disclosed in
research and study;
5) There is a legitimate reason for information disclosure or provision that is aimed at
achieving an operational plan approved at a general meeting or a Board of Directors
6) Personal information is required to be disclosed pursuant to a legal procedure.
5. Revision or deletion of personal information
If the personal information provider himself/herself wants to inquire about, verify or correct the personal information, JAAM shall respond promptly within a reasonable scope after verifying the requestor to be the personal information provider.
6. Security management measures
JAAM shall strive to keep collected personal information accurate and updated within the scope of its use purposes, and implement security management measures such as security countermeasures and firewall installation that are required for preventing unauthorized access, falsification, destruction or leakage to an external party that is committed by a means not able to be predicted technically.
7. Limitation on warranty and liability
Although making utmost efforts to maintain proper personal information management, JAAM shall not be held liable for such damage suffered as unauthorized access, falsification, destruction or leakage to an external party that is committed by a means not able to be predicted technically. While the JAAM website provides links to other websites in order to help deliver useful information and services to its members, JAAM shall not, in any way, be held liable for personal information protection by each linked website.
8. Amendment and application
9. Contact for inquiry on personal information
For inquiries on personal information, please contact the following:
Japanese Association for Acute Medicine Office
K's Bldg. 3F, 3-3-12, Hongo , Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033, JAPAN
Phone: +81-3-5840-9870 Fax: +81-3-5840-9876
© Japanese Association for Acute Medicine